The online Summer Enrichment Program application for 2021 is now closed.
Changes can be made during this period. An application cannot be re-accessed after it closes, so applicants should ensure that they submit all items on time. Applicants may want to have copies of their resumes handy to help them fill in the background section.
A complete online application includes the following:
- Completed sections with background information on the applicant, including work and volunteer experiences, international experiences, and honors and awards.
- An interest statement (in 500 words or less) that explains the applicant’s interest in international affairs and how this program will assist him/her in pursuing this interest
- Transcript(s) from all colleges or universities that the applicant has attended with grades, GPAs, and coursework. An official transcript is best; a student copy is acceptable if it is in the format of an official transcripts.
- Proof of full-time registration for Spring 2021, including (choose ONE):
- An unofficial or official transcript that shows courses listed for Spring 2021
- Screenshots or PDF files from applicant’s student portal that show courses registered for Spring 2021
- For study abroad programs, enclose a copy of the award/acceptance letter
Please be sure the applicant’s name and college/university are listed on all materials.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, including (choose one)
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S. citizenship
- U.S. passport
* Note: If you use a birth certificate, please note that if you are selected, you will need to send us a hard copy of a notarized birth certificate before your final acceptance. Those using passports or certificates of citizenship will have to bring originals to show at the start of the program.*Note: Social Security cards and driver’s licenses are not proof of citizenship and will not be sufficient.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Two from faculty members
- One from a community leader who can comment on the applicant’s non-academic accomplishments and his/her potential as an emerging professional.
- Additional recommendation letters will not be considered.
- Note: In the online application, applicants will identify recommenders, who will be contacted by the program and asked to submit letters electronically. Below is a copy of the recommendation letter for reference only.
- Recommendation Form (Word version)
- Once an applicant has added recommenders’ contacts to the application form, an automatic email will be sent to each recommender. It may take a few hours for the email to be sent to the recommender. Recommenders should check their spam folders if they’ve not received a notification.
* Note: Applicants can return to their application at any time before the deadline to update any portion of their application and submit it as final before recommenders have uploaded their letters.
- Note: If selected as a Rangel Scholar, applicants will be required to send official transcripts, forms to register for university courses (provided by the Rangel Program), a medical form with immunization information (provided by the Rangel Program), and other required documents.
A panel of individuals with experience in foreign affairs and academia evaluates candidates’ applications. The Rangel Programs will strive to complete the selection process and make offers by the end of March 2021. Applicants will be notified of the results by email soon thereafter.